Monday, May 14, 2012

23 short days left

I have 23 days left until I report to the MTC. I can't believe this is happening. Bah! I can't wait. I'm super nervous and have so many emotions going on I can't even start explaining how I really feel.

It's starting to hit that I'll be leaving my family and best friends behind. However, without them, I wouldn't be able to do this. My family and friends are who help me through everything. I don't do anything without asking them for help (even if I don't listen to them and do what I want). So, thank you, guys! My missionaries; Josh and Bram. How lucky am I to have missionaries that still talk to me as much as they can? Extremely lucky. They are two of my best friends and they will be for the rest of my life.

For my farewell, I have Aubrie and Mackenzie singing a musical number-- today they were practicing and I got  butterflies. I actually get to go spread the Gospel to everyone (even if they don't accept it). That's what I get to do everyday, all day. I get to put my worries, stresses, and worldly responsibilities on hold for 1.5 years and help those who are ready to receive the Gospel. I know that this is going to be one of the hardest things that I have done, but I  have the knowledge of our Heavenly Father and His love. I know that I can turn to Him and He will bless me. This will also be the best time of my life because of that knowledge.

Before I leave, I've been trying to spend time with my friends before I spend time with the family. Mackenzie's birthday was on Friday, so Aubrie and I went up North to visit for the weekend.

I'll let the pictures explain:

This was on Wednesday but I had to include it.

Kenz ran her first 5k!

Aubrie and I right after Kenz started running.

Mark Nickles from KUTV2 News. Breast Cancer survivor.

Kenz's sis-in-law, Kenz, myself, and Aubrie
We got those scarves and had fun wearing them in bows.

After City Creek Mall we went to the Temple of course

So beautiful 
 Friday night I only got one hour of sleep! We woke up at 6:30 a.m and left around 7:15 a.m for the 5k. After the race, went back so Kenz could get ready and Aubrie could get her wallet. We went right back to the City Creek Mall. It was amazing. I wasn't feeling all that well and was super tired so I had to pass on H&M. The Forever 21 was gigantic. I found colored jeans and wanted them so bad but they were eighty buckaroos-- thanks but no.

After the mall and the planetarium, we met up with my friend Jared that I met during fall semester and went back to his house to roast marshmallows. It was a great thing to the end the long fun-filled day.

We drove home and I started falling asleep right when I got into bed.

Woke up, went to sacrament, ate lunch, came back to Cedar City.

Next weekend: farewell. I hope to see you guys there!

No comments:

Post a Comment