Sunday, July 25, 2010

24th of July weekend

So I'm sitting here listening to my wonderful roommate play her violin-- I love it. She's pretty much amazin'!

So, it's the 24th of July weekend-- pioneer day! For the weekend we went to the Rodeo in enterprise. I love rodeos.. and well I'm going to admit, those good lookin' cowboys make it that much better :) We met up with Jessica's nieces, her sister Denice, and her Mom. It was fun! We stayed for a couple hours and watched some bull riding and saw crazy little kids run out in the arena after chickens. Who would do that? And why?? I have no idea. I hate any shape or form of a bird. They all scare me. When we were leaving the rodeo we kept seeing people sale their chickens to people. Like I said, why? People these days.. they're crazy.

Later on that night when we got home, we invited over a few friends and watched Cinderella Man. It is such a great movie. It makes me sad to see our economy get remotely close to that though.. the part where tons of men are lined up against the fence begging for a job is how it feels looking for a job now a days-- I would know. All in all though, that movie is awesome!

Now today, we went to Church. Me and Jessica really have a hard time getting ourselves to relief society. It's been like this for along time! haha. We just can't get ourselves to going. Especially when the wards are combined. There are toooo many girls crying about their visiting teachers bringing them chicken noodle soup. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit but still. We are making a goal starting August 1st! We are going to all three meetings. We're going to do it and love it. Well... maybe. I do love sunday school and sacrament. Church is great thing and I would not change it for the life of me. It's the best gift I have ever received.

Well, I'll post pictures later of our adventurous weekend later.

p.s. On Friday night, me and Jessica did facials and we put oranges on our eyes because we didn't have cucumber. uh... bad idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment