Saturday, January 8, 2011

Believe it and be satisfied

This post is all about putting trust in the Lord. Do your part, and He'll do the rest! I know that our Heavenly Father loves us. He knows what He's doing. We may not feel like he cares when we are going through hard times and don't see any progress in our lives but He's there. I need to remember that He is ALWAYS there no matter where I'm at. I just need to put my trust in the Lord and His timetable. Why I'm posting about this? Well, at the moment I'm facing those times where we start giving up on the "L" word. I'm not living up to the Mormon expectation here people! I should have been married at 18 (nothing against those who did) and have two babies by now. My old roommate, Lindsay, shared this poem with me awhile back when I faced a discouraging time. It reads:

Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone; to have a full relationship with another, to be loved throughly and exclusively. But God said:
"No, not until you are satisfied, fulfilled, and content with being loved by me alone; with giving yourself totally and unreserved to me, to have an intensely personal and unique relationship with me alone. I love you my child. Until you discover that only in me is your satisfaction to be found, you will not be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you. You will never be united with another until you are united with me; exclusive of any desires or longings. I want you to stop planning and stop wishing. Allow me to bring that person to you. You just wait, that's all.
Don't be anxious, don't worry, don't look around at the things others have or what I have given them.Don't look at the things you think you want. You just keep looking for me, for you will miss what I have to show you. When you are ready, I'll surprise you with a love more wonderful than you would ever dream of. You see, until you are ready and until the one I have for you is ready-- I am working even this minute to have you both ready at the same time. Until you are both satisfied exclusively with me and the life I have prepared for you; you will not be able to experience the love that amplifies your relationship with me, this specific, special love.
And dear one, I want you to have this wonderful love. I want you to see in the flesh the pictures of your relationship with me, and enjoy maternally and concretely the union of beauty, perfection, and love that I offer you with myself.
Please know that I love you utterly. Believe it and be satisfied."
-Unknown

Ahh! Isn't that incredible? Please, girls (assuming that guys don't really do the whole blogging thing as much as we do) know that the love our Heavenly Father offers us is the most beautiful, most pure of any love we will ever know. Love Him before anything in your life. It'll bring you nothing but bliss in life. He loves you. Believe it and be satisfied.

2 comments: