Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Employed...

So you all know that when I first moved up here I got a job at Vivint. Also known as APX. At the beginning I was stoked to work for them. They seemed really fun to work with, the benefits were great and it was a fun working environment. However, after working there for about a week and a half I started hating it. I would work from 4-10 everyday (even Saturday's). I mean it's the summer, who does things in the morning? No one. It's always at night. Anyway, one day I woke up and Jessica and I were talking about how we hated working for them. We weren't happy. We wanted to come up here, meet new people, and have fun. Well long story short... we don't work there anymore. Thank the Heavens above. It was a great company and the home automation alarm was awesome. I just did not like working in a cubical one bit. I'm not that person.

So one Monday Jessica and I went to look everywhere. We went to strip malls, the University Mall, and applied to many places online. I first got an interview at Buckle. Again, not for me. It would be commission and I would stink at selling. Then I got a call one morning from Old Navy asking if I could come in for an interview. Uh heck yes I can. Another long story short... I got a job at Old Navy (so did Jessica! Different location but indeed at Old Navy).

I started yesterday. It was orientation. I'm excited to work for them. While we were doing paperwork we were asked to evacuate to the Fudrucker's parking lot for a gas leak. Scary huh? Yup. Then we when we got back into the store, the power went out. It was pretty funny I thought.

The most exciting part about working at Old Navy is that I get discounts at Old Navy, GAP, and Banana Republic. Oh yeahhhh!

Well just thought I would let you all know.

Another thing I'm excited about is that the first week of July, I get to go down to Cedar and then Soph's birthday is that weekend. Woot Woot!! My baby niece is turning 3!

Well have a superb day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Jealous. Old Navy would be an awesome place to work! I love working retail (is that weird?). And discounts? How awesome!

    Congratulations, girl! I'm so glad things are working out for you!

    ReplyDelete