Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!

My wonderful friend Chelsea put this questionnaire on her blog and I thought it would be fun to do the questions myself.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Most definitely Hot Chocolate. Next time you have a cup of it, put a dollop of peppermint ice cream in it. Divine I tell ya.

2. When do you hang your decorations up?

Since I'm living away from family and don't have a family of my own, it's whenever my roommates and I can do it. However, my family have always done it sometime after Thanksgiving. Usually a few days after December.

3. Favorite holiday memory as a child?

I just loved being with family. For some reason I remember one Christmas specifically, and all us girls got a tea set that was passed down in the family. Mine was Humpty Dumpty theme. We all sat there and talked about family and then after playing with our new toys, we went to each of our families' house in Cedar to visit and have dinner.

4. What's on your Christmas list?

Honestly, I'm not really looking forward to anything. Money is tight right now with a lot of people so all I care about is being with friends and family and making it the best. Doing acts of charity is my favorite part of Christmas though (i.e, shoveling sidewalks, making candy for neighbors, etc,.).

5. What's the most important thing about Christmas to you?

Like I said earlier, being with friends and family and celebrating His birth. It's about Christ and I feel like a lot of it is about who gets what and we all get caught up in it. I like to step back and look at the true meaning of Christmas.

6. What is your favorite tradition? 

I always remember doing a Christmas dinner and making treats/candy. My favorite one though was making Wishing Dust. It was sparkles, rice, beans or whatever you want in it and before you go to bed on Christmas Eve, you make a wish and then throw the Wishing Dust in the air. I can't wait to make traditions with my family though. It's going to be great.


7. What is your favorite Christmas song? 


Right now, it's definitely All I Want For Christmas Is You by the one and only Michael Buble.

More traditional one though is Little Drummer Boy.

8. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?


Santa definitely wraps them. I think it's more exciting. As a child, I remember my presents were on the right back side of the tree. So when I ran into the living room Christmas morning, it was exciting to see all the wrapped presents on "my" side of the tree.

9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?


I don't ever remember opening them unless we asked our parents to. I don't think it was a tradition or anything. I love the tradition of opening PJ's on Christmas Eve though, so I will most likely be doing that one when I have my own family.

10. How long did you believe in Santa?


I think I was about 8 years old when I found out he wasn't real. Fun memory though; when my family lived out in Enoch, I remember doing the Wishing Dust and wishing to see Santa (just a glimpse). I didn't see him but my Dad got on the roof and ran across the entire house to make it sound like the Reindeer landing on the roof. It was spectacular. I made sure to keep my eyes closed tight and fall asleep.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and safe new years!

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment