Thursday, December 29, 2011

Life in 2011

When I do these questionnaires I feel like I'm in the old days of Myspace.


I like them though so I'm going to do this one along with the Christmas one I did. I got it from my friend Cheri's blog. 

What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? 
Moved away from home to Orem, UT.

Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I wanted to work out more. I did way good in the Spring and Summer and lost about 25 pounds but then in the fall, I failed. I hope to start it up again and lay off the soda (I don't think I can completely stop though).

Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Makenna did :) Kyler is a beautiful girl.

What countries did you visit?
I stayed in the wonderful USA!

What would you like to have in 2012 that you didn’t have in 2011?
A love life. Sounds stupid but I'm being for real. Go on dates. Hopefully my mission plans don't stop guys from asking me.

What dates from 2011 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
Moving to Orem. It was the most exciting moment of my life. That failed. I'm back in Cedar City. I'm glad though. Moving away made me realize how much I love my family and showed me things about myself I didn't know.  

What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Choosing to serve a full-time mission!

What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping up on working out. Jessica and I did so good. Jillian Michael's kicked my butt.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Sure didn't. 

What was the best thing you bought?
I'm not sure about this question. I didn't really buy anything extravagant.

Where did most of your money go?
Good ole school. It will all pay off though-- can't wait to have that degree in my hands. 


Did you meet anyone new this year who had an impact on your life? 
I've met a lot of people and I feel like each person has impacted my life one way or another.
What did you get really excited about?
My twin sister is pregnant and I can't wait to meet little Judah.
And I started planning Spring Break for 2012 and I cannot wait. 
What song will always remind you of 2011?
Super Bass. For some reason I'm in love with this song. I can't keep up with the original version (although I love it so so much) so I listen to Tyler Ward's version of it. A lot. 

Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) Happier. Sadder isn't a choice. 
b) I lost weight but gained a little of it back. So both? 
c) Poorer. Typical college student. 

What do you wish you’d done more of?
Have more of a social life. I had one, don't get me wrong, but it would have been good to have gotten to know more people. 

What do you wish you’d done less of? 
Stress. Life is hard but I stress too much.
How did you spend Christmas?
With family. 

Did you fall in love in 2011?
Nope. I got out of the rut I was in with someone I fell in love with. So I fell out of love and couldn't be happier with that choice. 

What was your favorite TV program?
Will always be Grey's Anatomy

What was the best book you read?
I just read the Hunger Games. It was pretty great.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'm obsessed with "YouTubers." Tyler Ward, Boyce Avenue, Alex Goot, etc

What did you want and get?
A new camera. 

What did you want and not get?
A dadgum car

What was your favorite film of 2011?
Crazy Stupid Love

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I woke up and went to breakfast with my twin sister at Denny's (build your own grand slam is free on your birthday), went to the lake for the afternoon, and my roommates threw me a birthday party that night. I turned 21.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Staying in shape

How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2011?
Safe. I wish I would have been more fun though. I'm always following the safe trends but I want to try and find my own style this coming up year. 

What kept you sane? 
Prayer. Lots and lots of prayer. And friends and family.

Who did you miss?
My sisters in St. George. I wish I could see them more. 

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011. 
"Life is hard. But it's harder when you're stupid." Amen.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Mistakes of the past don't define you, they refine you."

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year! I know that I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment