Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Step four: Receiving the Holy Ghost

After my baptism I came home to a get together in honor of my baptism. The Elders were there, people from the ward, family (Christina and Shannon), and friends.

As I was getting food, I walked by a chair that had a blanket and a picture frame of Jesus Christ. My blanket had my name and baptism date embroidered on it; it would symbolize the Comforter. My picture said the famous quote, "The way may be hard at times, but I will always be there." I let that sink in and said a quick prayer of gratitude towards the love of the Lord.

I had to wait till Sunday to get confirmed in Sacrament. Saturday was a good day but I was so anxious to just be confirmed. It was my mothers birthday that (that's why I got baptized on Friday-- didn't think she would be too happy if I got baptized on her birthday) day so I went over to my Grandparents house and had a birthday dinner with her and the family. My mom and I were talking more and more. She still wasn't happy with me not going home that one night but she was starting to looked passed it.

That night I couldn't sleep. It was like a little kid on Christmas Eve. Even worse. I kept Alyssa up most the night so I wouldn't have to go through it alone. However, I think she was probably just as excited.

After getting the few hours of sleep that I got, I woke up and got ready. I, again, was so anxious. One more step and I'm an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I wanted to just get confirmed.

Sitting in the congregation, I was so excited. This is the beginning of a new life. The Bishop got up and said there was ward business that needed to take care of. People were released and thanked for their service, some were called and sustained to serve in their calling, then they called me up to get confirmed along with Ron, Elder Trubey, Elder Carver, Rob (a good friend from work), and whoever else was involved. I sat on that chair. This is it. They all got in a circle and laid their hands on my head. I closed my eyes.

After my amazing confirmation, I got up and hugged Ron and so badly wanted to hug the Elders. Afterwards, I went to sit back down in my seat. I was beaming with happiness. I'm now on the path of the Lord. I will return to Him one day. 

Throughout sacrament, every talk that was given that day was speaking directly to me. He is so aware of me.

After a few weeks, I felt Satan so strong in my life. Why did I get baptized? Being a non-member is so much easier. I couldn't find respect for myself. My family still wasn't talking to me and I was going through rough patches with friends and school. This too shall pass. 

The Holy Ghost works in perfect unity with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, fulfilling several roles to help us live righteously and receive the blessings of the Gospel.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you posted your story. Thank you for sharing this, Mary. :)