Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Not Computer Smart...

Rant of the day:

I've been staying at Lydia's house to watch her kids and so I can figure stuff out with my life. While I'm here I'm sleeping on the couch in a pitch black living room (the only room without windows). This morning I woke up to start getting ready and hit my leg so hard that it instantly swelled up and bruised. Lovely way to start off the day huh? Can't wait to see what it looks like in a few days.

After feeding the kiddos breakfast, hanging out watching stuff about the Anthony case, and then feeding them lunch I started on Lydia's computer that crashed last week. Well she got her recovery disc yesterday and then it deleted everything off her computer. Even her wireless whatever you call it. So what I did from one in the afternoon to five was sat on the phone trying to figure out how to download drivers, nonsense that will fix your hardware, how to get into the behind the scenes of the computer, how to pretty much rig internet. It was pretty fascinating to see what can be done with a computer but I will not, let me repeat, will NOT get a degree in computers. It's too confusing. Kudos to those who are.

Two things I have learned in my college years: a) I am awful at Chemistry b) computers are a no go for me.

While I was in the middle of the chaos of trying to fix her computer (which by the way, I got the internet back on it, it's just not opening any icons now. I gave up.) Sophia kept coming up to me, grabbing my shoulders and would look at me with a serious face. I would ask her what's up and she would just tell me, "I love you, Mary." She's so cute.

Now I'm sitting here about to fall asleep. I'm exhausted. I'm glad I'm not married with kids. I'm not ready. Give a year or two. :) Nieces and the boy (nephew) are plenty.

As I was getting ready for the day my niece Alexis had some fun watching me and asking me about things while I got ready. It was fun. Boggles my mind that she'll be wearing make up in the next few years. I mean, she's already liking boys. Scary! So I put some lip gloss on her, offered to curl her eyelashes (she thought it was going to hurt so she denied) and did her hair for her.
Isn't she so pretty??

No comments:

Post a Comment