Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Discussion

I have two topics to discuss on today's post.

First topic:

Today when I was getting ready for "topic 2" I got a phone call. The number looked familiar but I didn't know who it was. I wasn't going to answer it. I'm glad I did though. It was my Bishop.
"Hello?"
"Hi, Mary. This is Bishop Garner. How are you?"
Oh great, I have to talk this Sunday or go in to "visit" with him, "I'm good, how are you?"
"I'm doing good. Hey I have a assignment for you if you would do it."
Well if the Bishop asks you to do something, you have to take it right?
Oh no. "Yeah! What's up?"
"Well I need you to be a mentor for for a girl that's in our ward. That okay?"
How exciting and new, "Yeah for sure! What do I have to do?"
"I'm not sure but here's her number, she's anticipating your phone call."
"Perfect, I'll call her right now."
"Thanks, Mary!"
"You're welcome. Bye."

Yes, exact conversation. You liked it.

Right after I got off the phone, I called her. She's from Ethiopia and was adopted by a family somewhere up North and got baptized in the LDS Church about four years ago. Just like me. Anyway, I guess I just have to help her with making goals, achieving those goals, and helping with whatever she needs. Just be a friend. I can do that, right? I'm actually really nervous, guys. I've never done anything like this before. What if I'm a bad friend? I guess I meet with someone over at the DI once a month and report to someone on how she's doing. Has anyone ever done this? I'm curious if you enjoyed it! I meet her Sunday at Church. I'm excited but, again, nervous. The Bishop told me it was inspiration, so it must be happening for a reason.

Topic two:

This morning I got ready and went straight to Express Employment Professional to get an interview with them. I was interview by my best friend, Aubrie Myers. It was great. She was asking me questions that she probably could have answered better than me. Anyway, I got a temporary job (probably only this once) at a medical office. The doctor travels down to Cedar on Friday's and takes patients. I'm going in to just do office work. AND again, excited but nervous. I'm a quick learner so I'm sure I'll be fine. Plus, I get paid for it! Whoooo! That's always good.

Anyway, things are starting to fall in place for me. I love life. I always have and always will. I have times where I sit on here and just vent all my emotions away but I'm human. I make mistakes. I'm not perfect.

Things are looking up for me. Things happen for a reason. I'm grateful for it.

Hope all is well with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment