Saturday, September 10, 2011

Remembrance

Tomorrow, or if you want to get technical with times; today, you all know, is the tenth year Anniversary of the 9/11 attack.

 I remember exactly where I was. When the first tower got hit, I was standing at the end of my mothers bed saying Goodbye before I hopped on the bus. I thought it was an accident at first thinking the plane was having a malfunction. Then when I got to school-- I was in Mrs. Hunt's sixth grade class-- chaos was all over the news. The second building got hit. This is not an accident.

I remember that is all we did that day; watched the news on this tragedy. We were sent home with confusion on what just had happened. When I first got home, I went straight to my mom and she explained to me just what the teachers and principle did that day.

I remember ever since that day, we have had a moment of silence for those who were killed in that horrific historical mark in today's history.

I got a People's Magazine the other day and it had stories from children who have lost their father's in the attack that day. I read countless of times, "My dad is my hero," "I send him balloons on his birthday every year with the words, 'I love you.'" "I'm proud to be part of history and know my Dad's a hero."

For some reason, this year it really hit me hard to see those nine/ten year old's be so strong. To be proud for what happened; having their Father's be true hero's.

I'm so grateful for those who are fighting over seas this day for this beautiful country we live in. I'm grateful for those servicemen and women who died on September 11, 2001 to try and save those who were afflicted.

My brother in law just lost his best friend a few days ago. We might not know what happened, or why it happened, but we can be grateful for the great friend he was to his friends and family. Rest in peace, Daniel. God be with you.

I hope we can all look back and be grateful for what we have and for what those people did that day.

Goodnight, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment